Lead Commercial Engineer
Mr. Potts was a Senior Project Manager for ECON responsible for engineering and project management of commercial development, before becoming Vice President of ECON’s Engineering Division in 2019. Mr. Potts, a Professional Engineer, has been with ECON since 2018. His work background includes hydraulic and hydrologic analysis for stormwater system design, roadway design, roadway safety analysis, signalization pavement/marking design, construction management, and commercial site plan development.
Mr. Potts has obtained a total of 10 years of diverse experience including his employment with the Polk County Roads and Drainage Division and at Brooks and Amaden Incorporated.
Representative work activities and responsibilities include:
– U-Haul International / AMERCO Real Estate Company – Design and permitting of 6 new store locations throughout central Florida as well as 3 renovation projects.
– South Lakeland Business Park – Design and permitting of new 6,000 square foot office facility in south Lakeland.
– Warner University – Design and permitting of 2 new buildings for improvement to the existing athletic facilities.
– Gander Mountain Company – Commercial site development consulting services including conceptual site layout, zoning/civil entitlements and impact fee summaries, and project management for all new store locations.
– Polk County Bridge Maintenance & Preservation Program – Maintenance and preservation of 182 county-owned bridges including management of design, permitting, and construction for all new structures.
– Rifle Range Road – Design, permitting, and construction management of 4,750 linear feet of new pedestrian sidewalk construction in accordance with FHWA/FDOT/LAP funding regulations.
– Lake Wilson Road – Project management for the widening of Lake Wilson Road including coordination of the alignment study, conceptual layout, and typical section recommendations.
– Layout and design of site, drainage, and utility plans for commercial office and retail projects.
– Coordination with clients and regulatory agencies including Water Management Districts, FDEP, FDOT, and various counties and municipalities to obtain necessary permits.
– Design of stormwater management systems, wastewater pump stations, water distribution systems, etc.
Mr. Potts graduated from the University of South Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering in 2012. He is a registered Professional Engineer in Florida. (License No. 84165).